Ms. Shanley has practiced in workers’ compensation law since graduating from University of Texas School of Law in 2001, and joined Stone Loughlin & Swanson, LLP at its inception in 2004. Ms. Shanley’s practice primarily involves Administrative Law and Workers’ Compensation Insurance Defense, including representation of insurance carriers before administrative tribunals and consulting on compliance and regulatory requirements. She represents insurance carriers, certified self-insureds, third party administrators, and employers in matters involving indemnity benefits and medical benefits liability within the Texas workers’ compensation system.
Areas of Concentration
- General civil litigation and insurance law including regulation and compliance, workers’ compensation defense, claims consulting, and subrogation
- Texas Tech University (B.A. Political Science, magna cum laude, 1998)
- University of Texas at Austin (J.D. 2001, Texas International Law Journal, Legal Research Board)
- University College London (International Law Intensive, Fall 2000)
Professional Affiliations and Involvement
- Member, State Bar of Texas (Administrative and Public Law, International Law, Labor and Employment Law, and Workers’ Compensation Sections)
- Author: “Third Court of Appeals Declares TWCC’s ‘Hazardous Employer’ Program Preempted by Federal OSH Act,” Insurance Council of Texas, June 30, 2005
- Author: “New Dispute Process for Reimbursement of Healthcare Insurers,” Insurance Council of Texas, November 21, 2007
- Significant Case: Skilled Craftsmen of Texas, Inc. v. Texas Workers’ Compensation Comm’n, 158 S.W.3d 89 (Tex. App.—Austin 2005, pet. dism’d).