Prior to joining Stone Loughlin & Swanson, LLP, Ms. Copeland was an Administrative Law Judge for the Texas Workers’ Compensation Commission/Division of Workers Compensation from 1997 to 2009. Ms. Copeland also served as Director of the Designated Doctor Outreach and Oversight for the Division of Workers’ Compensation from 2009 to May 2013. Ms. Copeland worked in private practice from 1991 to 1997 in Abilene, Texas.
Areas of Concentration
Workers’ Compensation and Administrative Law
Professional & Community Involvement
- Member of the State Bar of Texas since 1991
- Member of the Abilene Bar Association – 1990 through 2009
- Member of and Panel Chair for the State Bar of Texas Grievance Committee -1994 through 1997 and 1997 through 2000
- Member of the State Bar Legal Services to the Poor Committee – 1994 through 1995
- Member State Bar of Texas Workers’ Compensation Section -2010 to present
- Board Member State Bar of Texas Workers’ Compensation Section – 2011 to present.
- Texas Tech University – BBA – Economics, May 1988
- Texas Tech University School of Law, May 1991
- Law Review Staff Member, Volume 21, 1989
- Law Review Comment Editor, Volume 21, 1990